Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time Finance Manager. This position is 60 hours per month, with the understanding that the end-of-the-month reporting will be a heavier time.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- monitoring the monthly financial and budget status;
- compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare financial statements;
- processing of securities transactions;
- developing the annual church budget;
- managing accruals and fixed assets at year-end;
- other tasks as described in the full job description.
The following requirements are desired:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting or finance.
- Accounting background with at least 2 years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in the non-profit arena.
- Understanding of fund accounting is required.
- Solid understanding of creating financial statements, journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail.
- Confidentiality and personal discretion concerning information related to the church and its members.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kathy Cisler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Assistant - Education
Westminster Presbyterian Church
This is a part-time position supporting programs for children birth through fifth grade and family ministries at Westminster, reporting to the Minister for Christian Education & Family Ministries (MCE) and working alongside the Committee for Children & Family Ministries. The Program Assistant will average 10-12 hours per week during the program year (mid-August through May.) It is expected that at least four of these hours will be on Sunday mornings, 8:15 am to 12:15 pm. Summer hours will be fewer and negotiated with the MCE.
Duties and Expectations:
Nursery (ages 0-3)
- Keep track of the families using the nursery and keep a current roster, marking the transition to Nurturing Center by gifting the child a Story Bible.
Nurturing Center (ages 3-4)
- Distribute lesson plans and materials to volunteer leaders each week
- Organize and set out materials each week
Little Steps (Pre-K – Kindergarten, Education Hour)
- Distribute lesson plans and materials to volunteer teachers each month
Workshop Rotation (1st-5th Grades, Education Hour)
- Organize and set out materials for each workshop
- Greet the children as they arrive, make sure parents sign them in, and direct them to the proper workshop or choir
- Be prepared to lead a workshop in the absence of a volunteer
- Collect nametags and put away workshop materials at the end of Education Hour
- Work with Associate for Children & Families to support children and families as they transition from one program to another. (Nursery to Nurturing Center, Nurturing Center to Worship Center, kindergarten classroom to 1st grade, etc.)
- Meet with MCE bi-weekly to coordinate lesson plans, special events, calendar needs, and program opportunities
- Work with the Administrative Assistant for Programs to send information regarding family events, special program events, and choir schedules
- Create, with MCE, and maintain the Family Life Calendar (web-based and/or paper-based) and ensure it is available to families in a timely manner
- Attend Children & Family committee meetings
- Maintain supplies in all education and worship spaces, notifying MCE when orders are necessary.
- Assist with special events throughout the program year, including: Family Camp, Celebration Sunday, Third Grade Bibles, family events, special worship services, and other events.
- Maintain the materials in the Worship Bags and Worship Folders, used by children 3 years old – 5th grade during worship
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Values
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of biblical stories and themes, and the ability to speak to the ways in which faith intersects with daily life
- Willing and able to be a model and resource for volunteer leaders and parents.
About Westminster & Our Programs
Westminster Presbyterian Church is an historic PCUSA congregation in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids. Ours is a community of Christians committed to the common purpose of praising God, learning from God's Word, and offering a service and witness to our community and the world.
Programs Offered During Worship:
Nursery: birth – age 3
Nurturing Center: ages 3-4 (11 am service only)
Worship Center: age 4 – 2nd grade
During Education Hour:
Nursery: birth – age 3
3-5 year olds: Church School/Cantus Choir
1st & 2nd graders: Workshop Rotation/Cherub Choir
3rd-5th graders: Workshop Rotation/Carol Choir
To apply, please send a resume, two references, and a short letter of interest to:
Rev. Sarah Juist.
47 Jefferson SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
email@example.com // 616-717-5541
Food Club Receiving and Stocking Associate
Community Food Club of Greater Grand Rapids
JOB OPENING - Food Club Receiving and Stocking Associate
The Community Food Club is a collaborative systemic response to hunger, promoting food security, consumer choice and dignity for a limited number of area households. It is a membership-based operation which provides a grocery store-style environment with a variety of food items, including healthy and nutritious food on a consistent basis.
This full time position, with benefits, is responsible for maintaining the stocking, rotation and appearance of merchandise within the Community Food Club. A valid drivers license and up to date auto insurance will be required to fulfill food procurement obligations. This position will require Saturday availability and will be part of a team of staff and volunteers.
The position requires a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; English/Spanish bi-lingual is preferred. Also requires one to two years receiving/stocking experience. Pallet jack and hi-low experience is preferred.
Must be willing and able to work in non-traditional work setting with the ability to lift, carry, push, pull bend and twist while handling product. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 10-75 pounds repeatedly. Compliance with criminal background investigation protocol. Must have access to reliable transportation.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to Holly Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org . Equal Opportunity Employer.