Receiving and Stocking Associate
Community Food Club of Grand Rapids
Job Summary: The Food Club receiving and Stocking Associate is responsible for maintaining the stocking, rotation, and appearance of merchandise within the Food Club. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) that may require Saturday availability.
Job Classification: Part-time (20 hours per week)
I. Relationship with Collaborative
A. Supervised by the Food Club Program Manager
A. Receiving & Stocking
- Assist in receiving, unloading, and stacking of merchandise in back room
- Fill and organize product on merchandise shelves, displays and cases
- Communicate with the Food Club Program Manager if any products or supplies need to be ordered
- Handle spoiled and/or damaged products according to rules and regulations
- Maintain clean, organized, and efficient back room
B. Professional Ethics
- Demonstrate a commitment to better understand other cultures and issues of social justice, and promote racial understanding and reconciliation.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and attractive store
- Additional duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Experience: 1-2 years receiving/stocking experience. Pallet jack and hi-low experience preferred
Skills: Strong and effective demonstrable verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Flexibility to multi-task. Provide demonstrated attention to detail and excellence. Provide insight and feedback to Program Manager to create a culture of continuous improvement and development.
General Conditions: Must be willing and able to work in non-traditional work setting with the ability to lift, carry, push, pull bend and twist while handling product. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 10-75 pounds repeatedly. Compliance with criminal background investigation protocol. Must have access to reliable transportation.
The mission of Community Food Club of Greater Grand Rapids is to be a collaborative systgemic response to hunger, promoting food security, consumer choice and dignity for vulnerable member households. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to Holly Anderson at email@example.com. Applications reviewed as received. Equal Opportunity Employer.