Music at Westminster
I will sing and make music to the Lord because
God is my light and my salvation—
of whom then shall I be afraid?
The Lord is the strength of my life. Psalm 27
Westminster Presbyterian Church is a congregation united in praising God through music and song. We believe music is one of God’s greatest gifts, and it has an important role to play in the life of our church:
- First, it enhances worship by giving praise, honor, and glory to God who has redeemed us through Jesus Christ.
- Second, vocal and instrumental music help convey feelings, ideas, and responses that explain who God is and what faith means.
- Third, music gives us, as worshipers, a sense of participation through the singing of hymns and by musicians performing and interpreting great music of inspired composers.
- Fourth, music helps educate, inform, and inspire youth in our church to commit to God a life of service.
- Finally, music helps reach or connect us to each other and to our God wherever we are on our faith journey.
At Westminster, we have a long tradition of extensive opportunities for participation for those of many talents and of all ages, challenging all who wish to join in this expression of worship to do their best. Our graded choir program begins with preschool and continues through senior high school. Our Sanctuary Choir, Westminster Winds, and a string ensemble round out our opportunities for participation.