Volunteering and participation in mission
Time commitment: One hour per week or per month.
- Mentoring at Guiding Light Mission. Westminster contact: Larry Slager (email@example.com)
- Child tutoring at Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Academy. Westminster contact: Leah Muir (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Adult literacy one-to-one tutoring at the Literacy Center of West Michigan. Westminster contact: Linda Paul (email@example.com)
- Shelter and mentor activities at Family Promise. Westminster contact: Britt Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Activities at the Westminster Food Pantry. Westminster contact: Steve Pastoor (email@example.com)
Other opportunities with Westminster connections include: Heartside Ministry and Art Studio, Degagé, Senior Neighbors, hospitals, the Congregational Partnership Housing Program, the American Red Cross, Booth Family Services, and Home Repair Services.
Time commitment: Once a year.
- Camp Henry Work Day and summer camp opportunities. Westminster contact: Jeff Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Benton Harbor First Presbyterian Church trip. Westminster contact: Ron Hoekman (email@example.com)
- Cuba with First Hand Aid. Westminster contact: Worldwide Ministries Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration activities. Westminster contact: Diane Helle (email@example.com)
Other opportunities with Westminster connections include: Partners for a Racism-Free Community Forum representative, mission trips with other organizations, Habitat for Humanity, and refugee resettlement through Bethany Christian Services.
You can also read more about our emphasis on mission.